The Central Illinois Beekeepers Association (CIBA) is an informational organization that provides members with information about honey bees, beekeeping, and products of the hive such as honey, wax, pollen, and propolis. We are a support group developed to satisfy the needs and education of our beekeeping members. Meetings and events are usually located in and around the Bloomington/Normal area.
- Upcoming Events: More details on Event Tab
- 8/11/2021 Bees and Brews: 7-9 pm Sugar Grave Nature Center campfire ring
- 8/24/2021 Meeting Topic: Finding Financial Success in Beekeeping aka How to make your spouse happy without breaking the bank, by Rob Preston of Tippy Creek – in person at U of I extension office and ONLINE using Zoom
- Hive Inspections, Sugar Grove Nature Center (SGNC) 8/11 noon, 8/15 10 am, 8/27 noon
- 9/3 5-8 pm ‘Oh Honey’ First Friday Downtown Bloomington
- 9/4/21 10-2 pm SGNC Pollination and Hummingbird Festival
- 9/8/2021 Extraction Event Hillco Beekeeping Equipment Minonk
- 9/11/21 10-2 pm ISU Horticultural Center
- Members and nonmembers are welcome to all events
Among our membership are established beekeepers and apicultural authors: some produce honey; others sell bees and queens. Our members also make health products and wax candles. Others write articles for publications such as American Bee Journal.
These experienced beekeepers help mentor and share their knowledge of beekeeping practices with club members during meetings, conduct hands on events such as hive openings in the spring and summer. In the fall, helping extract and sell honey.
CIBA conducts and hosts full day 101 Introduction to Beekeeping and Queen Rearing mini workshops.
CIBA members receive discounts for events and workshops. Meetings are free and open to all. Meetings are typically the 4th Tuesday of the month. The meetings take place at U of I Extension office, 1615 Commerce Parkway, Bloomington, Il. Check Event tab for details of meetings and events.